Living well and eating well seem to be polar opposites. If it tastes goods, it must be bad for you. There is a way to eat well and live well with just a few simple changes to your diet. One of those small changes that will have a big impact on your quality of life is going meatless on Mondays stated Dr Jennifer Walden. Here are 8 good reasons to adopt Meatless Mondays at your house.
* Starting the week off with a healthy choice sets the tone for the rest of the week. When tempted with high calorie snacks later in the week, it’s easier to say ‘no’ so you won’t undo the good you did on Monday.
* It will make you more eco-friendly. It takes fewer natural resourses to grow plants than animals.
* Meatless recipes taste good and offer a change to the palate.
* It will expand your culinary skills and get you out of a mealtime rut.
* Fiber rich foods, like beans, can help you lose weight and reduce your risk of heart disease.
* Doing without meat just one day a week reduces your risk of high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
* Meatless Mondays will shave some money off your grocery bill each week.