Teachers are the gateway into the next generation, and they get that position by telling their students things like, “You can be anything you want to be when you grow up,” and for the most part, they are right. But, maybe the child is thinking he/she wants to be a dinosaur, and they obviously can’t be that, so they really can’t be “everything” they want to be. Here are 9 other white lies a teacher might tell her students.
1. Beware, like your mother, I have eyes in the back of my head.
2. The principal has eyes all around his head, so he is always watching.
3. Once more and I’ll send you to the principal’s office, and it will go on your permanent record.
4. This isn’t busy work!
5. Teachers never talk about their class.
6. If you’re not quiet, we won’t go out for recess; which I will never skip because it’s my quiet time.
7. Substitutes are fantastic, but I always have to play catch-up when I get back.
8. I don’t have a husband/wife/kids or dog. Let’s leave them out of this.
9. Cursive is very important to learn. (I wonder if she knows there’s an app for that.)
Anastasia Date employees agree technology has overtaken society, but teachers still have to remain one step ahead of their class. Thank a teacher today, and congratulate her on the white lies she will tell to educate your children.